With approximately 1.8 billion active monthly users on social media, there is no denying its importance when trying to reach out to patients. There are hundreds of statistics that show many platforms work well for dental offices. I enjoy doing the New Patient and Referral Management Profitability Coaching session with my offices to help them see how their office looks on the web. But surprisingly, many offices are not interested at all in whether or not they show up during a Google search.
During a dental management seminar for consultants I attended recently, they confirmed the importance of making sure your online presence is just as updated as your office.
Benefits to consider:
- 80% of internet users aged 50-64 look online for health information
- 78% of adults aged 30-49 and 64% of adults aged 50-64 use social media on a daily basis
- 79% of all Internet users are active on Facebook, and 22% of their internet time is spent on Facebook compared to 11% on Google search and YouTube videos
- 35% of Facebook users have liked a page for a contest
- Content with pictures gets 94% more views and is 40 times more likely to be shared than text alone
- 90% of women are responsible for making the healthcare decisions for themselves and their family
- 86% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations, and 57% will only use a business if it has 4 or more stars, making online reviews the new word-of-mouth
- 57% of consumers won’t use a business that has fewer than 4 stars (up from 48% in 2017)
- 61% of over 55-year-olds want businesses to have 4 or more stars (compared to 52% of 18-34-year-olds)
Just reading a few of these statistics should make you want to boost your social media presence.
If you found these ideas helpful, learn more about the Dentrix Profitability Coaching Program, where one of our highly skilled and experienced profitability coaches teach these, and many other great concepts, strategies and ideas, to you and your team. To find out more about Dentrix Profitability Coaching, CLICK HERE.